AEYL Protecting the Information of Our Members, Volunteers, and Supporters
- As part of an group or origination that collects personal information on individuals and businesses we understand the need and requirements for stringent protection of the data we collect. Whether you are a member, volunteer or supporter of The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership or are just visiting our web site, we want you to know that security of information is a high priority. To guard our your personal information, we maintain numerous physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
- We employ a number of measures which allow us to properly authenticate the identity of those that have access to the systems and data.
- Encryption is a process that scrambles private information to help prevent unauthorized access as information is being transmitted over the Internet and between computers. As part of our efforts to safeguard your information, encryption is used in connection with the on-line services we offer. To protect your information as it traverses the Internet between your PC and The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership requires the use of a browser which supports the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encryption standard. Personalized information transmitted through these channels is protected through the use of 256-bit encryption.
- All systems that interact with the Internet risk attack from computer hackers. The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership employs a mechanism known as a firewall to reduce the risk to our computer systems and your information. A firewall is a security mechanism that prevents interaction with unauthorized individuals or computer networks by ensuring that communications occur only between the intended parties, and that the communications going in and out of the network are in the proper protocol. This creates a selective barrier that only lets authorized traffic through to The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership.
- We regularly review our systems and application activity logs, and monitor the web server to help see that all vital information from our members, volunteers and supporters remains secure and confidential. As part of our commitment to protect your information, we use sophisticated technology to detect unauthorized activity, including proactive security audits to expose and resolve network vulnerabilities before they can be exploited.
- On a daily and ongoing basis, we use sophisticated software to help detect and prevent computer viruses from entering our computer systems. We regularly update our virus prevention software to keep our systems virus-free.
SAFEGUARDING STATISTICAL INFORMATION
- Staff/Volunteers of The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership must sign a confidentiality agreement, and must renew that commitment on a yearly basis. They are continuously instructed on the safeguarding of sensitive and personal information, and on the importance of maintaining its confidentiality. We restrict access to personnel with a need to know in order to perform their role in the organization.
- In addition to the above, there are other security procedures in place which are administered regularly to protect our systems and your information. Because the Internet is constantly evolving, the information in this Security Statement represents guidance regarding The Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership's current security practices, which are subject to change without notice. We will continue to evaluate new technology and improved methods to maximize our ability to safeguard our customers' information.